ZionFireFriends
Greetings from Quebec!! - Printable Version

+- ZionFireFriends (https://zionfire.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Meet & Greet (https://zionfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Forum Info Center (https://zionfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: New Member Intros & Info (https://zionfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Greetings from Quebec!! (/showthread.php?tid=358)

Greetings from Quebec!! - sonworshiper - 07-02-2006

Hi all,

I've been checking this forum out this weekend--saw the link on one of Dean's emails to the worship list I'm on and decided to see what you're all about. I've known Dean, through email (worship list) for a few years now, and respect him much, so thought you couldn't all be bad. ;-) (joke) Honestly though, have no idea what I'm doing here. :-)

I've been leading worship for about 12 or more years, started in a Pentecostal church, went over to a Baptist church for a few years, took a hiatus for a few months, then went to a new service which met in the basement of an Anglican church (Episcopal), after that came another hiatus of about 2 years (after a year or so there) and now am at a great new church "Church at the Elm", where I'm leading worship for the same pastor I've worked with since we left the Pentecostal church. . . .

Married, 24 years this year. . .2 children, many pets. . . . .have a computer company.

I was "called" out of a women's meeting by God--through the speaker, hated worship leaders at the time and wasn't real happy about the whole thing. . . studied and read a lot, and have since become a worshiper. Finally. ;-) Until only lately I seemed to be in a place where I had to teach people about worship, now am learning more about worship for myself--prophetic and spontaneous and such. . . .so I look forward to learning from you all here. I'm not a dancer, nor a flag waver, just lead worship with a guitar. :-)

blessings.

Moe. (female)

Greetings from Quebec!! - HelenaZF - 07-02-2006

Welcome! We're a diverse lot here, some dancers, flaggers, singers, banner-makers and what-all. Some just God-lovers and worship arts supporters. Dean and I are both musicians and have been music worship leaders for many years. We'd love to talk with you about those things. I'm a keyboardist/singer, and Dean is a brass person, but we both play guitar (well...more accurately play AT it..)

We recently opened a new forum just for us music people and worship leaders. It's called Asaph's Jam Session, so there's a place for you here!

We all just jump around to whatever topics that look interesting no matter what forum they are in though.....feel free to comment in any topic that you have some thoughts on.

Greetings from Quebec!! - DeanZF - 07-03-2006

Welcome, Moe!! :crooner:

Glad to see you here, too. The emphasis on this board is a bit different than on the Worship Discussion List (WDL), but still focused on the "stuff" of worship. We have some folks here who are interested in doing things to music other than singing!

One of my personal hopes for this forum is to help encourage what we sometimes call "the greater worship team." For us, the term "worship team" has too often been the designator for the music worship team. And the term "worship leader" has been applied almost exclusively to what might more accurately be called the chief musician. For us, the role of leadership is apt to move about, and some of the team leaders should be finding themselves in a supportive role while worship is lead from a different part of the room! I've taught classes at symposia about the different worship languages and how to understand them. When movers and muzos work together and watch where the anointing rests, they can often discern who is really leading worship at the moment. That's important to us! If a dancer or a banner mover or a flagger is the visual driver of the worship, that's what should be a temporary focus, with the music following him or her and supporting the anointing. For the muzo to demand control and force an abrupt end to what Father is anointing or to continue a song long past the anointed moment are both less than desirable results, IMHO. :lecture:

Your questions about prophetic worship on the other list will find resonance here that you may not have found with the other group. There are a couple of voices here that are or were on the WDL, so you may get expanded answers from them as well. I'll try to open a thread this afternoon and see what we can stir up. Confusedlingshot:

Glad to see you, friend!