Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ZionFireFriends. We're glad you're here! Our public forums are open, but you must be logged in to participate in the discussions and member forums. You can become a ZFFriend just by submitting a quick registration. You be notified by email with your login information, usually within a few minutes. If you do not receive a validation email, first check your bulk or spam folder. If not, then please contact us through the Help Me! button below and we will validate you.

Posted Image Who we are, what this forum is about
Posted Image Benefits of of becoming a ZFF member
Posted Image click here for registration form
Posted Image Can't register or log in? Ask for help.
Posted Image Take a tour of our worship banners

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Music Software and computers; Songs on computer skip all the time!
Topic Started: Feb 12 2007, 06:51 PM (2,083 Views)
sonworshiper
Member Avatar
Friend
[ *  *  * ]
This really does have to do with worship. Really.

I spend a lot of time at my computer and usually am listening to music and/or learning songs. I'm finding today that my songs that are on my laptop are skipping. . .it's super frustrating. I'm using Media Player 11. I have plenty of memory and tons of harddrive space. I ripped a lot of my cd's onto my harddrive.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the music to jump?

This laptop camp with McAffee internet security something-or-other. . .and google desktop all installed. . .

Hopefully someone out there knows what I could do to stop this annoyance!

Thanks!

Moe.
Posted Image
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 63:7

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
"more is more"

Wish I could help you....but maybe Dean will have an answer. All I know is that I often have skipping troubles on regular CD players when using a copied CD. I don't really have any idea why....just something I've noticed. It's like the copies aren't burned as deeply as the originals....if that makes any sense.
Posted Image....See our banners in the ZionFire.com Gallery

flaglady
Member Avatar
Foster
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shouldn't skip on the HD though! That's weird!

BTW, Helena, did you get my email about the buttons? About 4-5 days ago?
Posted Image

Posted Image

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
"more is more"

No..no email....depending on how it's sent, it could have gone to the website e-mail that Dean handles....I'll check & get back to you.
Posted Image....See our banners in the ZionFire.com Gallery

DeanZF
Member Avatar
Resident Rebbi

Skippy CDs are often either dirty or scratched.

Occasionally, they are poorly burned. If they skip on EVERY machine and if you've cleaned them, you have a flawed CD. If it used to work, you may need to clean your drive. They do have cute little CD/DVD cleaning diskies that get rid of the dust bunnies. :)

Laptops can be particularly fun, but yours is new and should NOT be a problem unless you're also using it as a pingpong paddle.
Blessings!

Dean
DeanZ
F

sonworshiper
Member Avatar
Friend
[ *  *  * ]
Morning Dean et al. . .

No, this is not skippy cd's -- I've ripped my cd's onto my harddrive. They don't seem to be skipping so much now, as I uninstalled McAffee and installed AVG. . .I think it uses much less memory.

Posted Image
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 63:7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asaph's Jam Session · Next Topic »
Add Reply