Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ZionFireFriends. We're glad you're here! Our public forums are open, but you must be logged in to participate in the discussions and member forums. You can become a ZFFriend just by submitting a quick registration. You be notified by email with your login information, usually within a few minutes. If you do not receive a validation email, first check your bulk or spam folder. If not, then please contact us through the Help Me! button below and we will validate you.

Posted Image Who we are, what this forum is about
Posted Image Benefits of of becoming a ZFF member
Posted Image click here for registration form
Posted Image Can't register or log in? Ask for help.
Posted Image Take a tour of our worship banners

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Modifying fabric
Topic Started: Feb 2 2007, 08:53 AM (1,741 Views)
No Avatar
[ * ]
I am working on a pair of flags and am having trouble finding the colors I want. Has anyone sucessfully used perminant artist markers on fabrics like silk essence or pearlescent tule(I think thats what it is). It has worked great for my miniture mockups but am not sure it will be durable enough for the finished flags. These flags need to be flowing so I do not want to add weight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
"more is more"

Yes, keeping flags as light weight and fluid as possible is very important......

I've used Sharpies (permanent markers) on silk essence, mainly to cover glue marks, though. It's a technique I use on my Celebration Streamers. The marker does add a decorative element, making defined joints between the colors which make it appear as stained glass. The streamers are washable, and I haven't noticed any fading or bleeding from the marker lines. I does tend to feather a bit as you apply it. If you want sharp lines, that may be a problem.

I've also used fabric paints (Tulip brand--the kind for painting t-shirts), although that will add a bit of stiffness and weight. If you were covering a large area, it might add a bit too much.
Edited by HelenaZF, Feb 2 2011, 12:23 AM.
Posted Image....See our banners in the ZionFire.com Gallery
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bezaleel's Workshop · Next Topic »
Add Reply