Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ZionFireFriends. We're glad you're here! Our public forums are open, but you must be logged in to participate in the discussions and member forums. You can become a ZFFriend just by submitting a quick registration. You be notified by email with your login information, usually within a few minutes. If you do not receive a validation email, first check your bulk or spam folder. If not, then please contact us through the Help Me! button below and we will validate you.

Posted Image Who we are, what this forum is about
Posted Image Benefits of of becoming a ZFF member
Posted Image click here for registration form
Posted Image Can't register or log in? Ask for help.
Posted Image Take a tour of our worship banners

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
the end of Cy Rudnick's fabric store in KC
Topic Started: Sep 15 2006, 10:06 AM (4,513 Views)
HelenaZF
Member Avatar
"more is more"

My favorite fabric store, Cy Rudnicks...is going out of business and their last sale is on Saturday. Ol' Cy is retiring and moving to Miami. I may fight the crowds and see what I can get on really good mark-down.

I will really miss it. He carried gorgeous, unusual fabrics, amazing glitz and silks and designer bolt ends that he would go round up from the garment district in NY. It was my best banner-making source in the city. When I teach banner classes, or have guest into the city, it's one of the places I always take people to wow them. I mourn it's passing.

There is nothing to replace it. We also had a fabric wholesaler that I could get wonderful stuff at that closed down a few years ago. Local sources are drying up, and I'm having to depend more and more on mail order. But there sure is nothing like seeing and choosing fabrics "in person", where you can touch them, see how the light reflects, etc.

Somebody play "Taps", please.....
Posted Image....See our banners in the ZionFire.com Gallery
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happysandyh
Member Avatar
Fellow
[ *  * ]
Here you go Helena...

http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/taps.mp3

in honor of Cy's retirement

HelenaZF
Member Avatar
"more is more"

Now aren't you sweet, sandy...... Love your avatar, too, BTW! Reminds me of this great hora dancer hannukiah:

Posted Image
click to enlarge
Posted Image....See our banners in the ZionFire.com Gallery

happysandyh
Member Avatar
Fellow
[ *  * ]
I like that hannukiah !!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bezaleel's Workshop · Next Topic »
Add Reply